Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Finally it's done - Weather in Our World pack

I'm very excited because I've finally finished and uploaded this new pack to my TpT store (unfortunately, even though I've contacted Teacher's Notebook 3 times now, they still can't get the file to upload there....). This pack is 88 pages chock-a-block full  of literacy, math and science activities related to weather. Here's some of what you get:
  • 43 word wall cards
  • Weather antonyms
  • Weather vocabulary match
  • Making words x5
  • Weather idioms match (idiom, definition and example sentence)
  • Noun and adjective sort
  • Favourite weather data collection table and graph
  • 5 pages of general teaching ideas about the weather, rain, clouds and the water cycle
  • Weather report booklet with calendar, daily weather sheet and graph
  • 4 charts to record prior knowledge about water
  • Rain - water on different surfaces activity (see where it soaks in, pools, drys out etc - relates to water cycle)
  • Tracking the sun activity
  • Weather Alpha Box - to record vocabulary
  • Images for students to make their own water cycle chart
  • Water Cycle flap book
  • Other worksheets including My weather symbols, The weather and me, Cloud cover, Wonderful water, Rain Observation Chart and Weather Graphs.
Phew, no wonder it took me so long to do!! I'm teaching this unit this coming term (arghh, that's next week!). 
Contractions Match
 Daily weather page from Weather report booklet (booklet is 2 to a page)
 Example of word wall words
 If you're interested, you can grab it here.