Friday, July 08, 2011

My Favourite Books


I LOVE reading! It is one of those things that I have to find time to do everyday and when I get stuck into a good book, I just can't put it down. I'll be up all night reading just to try and finish it off! Even as a kid, I would spend my afternoons and weekends reading my favourite books. My mum would tell me to go outside and play - so I would take my books out on our big verandah and read there or under a big tree in our backyard. This love of reading only started in grade 4 though - when discovered the Baby-Sitters Club! Boy,did I love those books!

Childhood Favourites
The Baby-Sitters Club
Seven Little Australians (this book always makes me cry)
Charlotte's Web
The Chronicals of Narnia
Favourite Books for Teens
I LOVE reading books written for teens. They are nice, easy reads but some have great story lines that develop over a series. I can also discuss them with my nearly 12 y.o. son.
 Harry Potter (I am totally addicted!)
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
Lord of the Rings
Inheritance Cycle 
Percy Jackson
Artemis Fowl
Class Favourites
We recently voted for our favourite books and authors, so I can confidently say that our favourite authors are: 
David Shannon
Stephen Michael King
Margaret Wild
Dr Seuss
Pamela Allen
H.I.Larry (Zac Power)   
(among others)
Professional Development
The Daily 
CAFE
No More I'm Done
Anything by
Debbie Diller
Patricia Cunningham
poetry books
I could keep going....Be sure to check out Runde's Room to add your favs!