Friday, July 01, 2011

Reflection Prompt sentence starters for class discussions or written reflections

I've just uploaded a new item to my TpT store. The pack consists of 36 reflection prompt starters for class discussions or written reflections. Also included is 4 blank cards to make your own (or email me and I'll add any other prompts you want).

I've attached mine with a key-ring and I ask students a new question each day (and during reading, writing and math block reflections). Students always want to share so I often use 'turn and talk' or 'think, pair, share' strategies so that everyone can have time to share their thinking. Each week, I also have students do a written reflection in their journals. I find these are helpful in getting students to internalise and use vocabulary that has been taught or used that day and to restate their goals from reading conferences etc (e.g. my strength in reading is ... but I need to work on... )


Here are some examples:

You can grab them here.