Saturday, November 05, 2011

Freebie- The Sharing Game (division concept)

I have a couple of kids with special needs in my class and I created this game earlier this year to help them with the division concept. It would also suit K and 1 students. It is perfect for math tubs, centers and Daily 5 Math as students play in pairs. 
To play, you'll need 20 counters, blocks or pattern blocks and 1 die.

 Students take turns to flip over a card and take that many counters from the pile. They roll the die and share the counters into that many groups. If they can share the counters equally, they get 2 points and 1 point if there are any left overs.

The game comes with an instruction card, cards numbered 6-20 and a recording table for players to record their points in tally marks.  
 
You can download it from my TPT and Teachers Notebook stores. If you download, please vote for my blog at Circle of Moms!