Thursday, April 05, 2012

Buggy About Reading and Writing

Ooohh, I wish I was studying insects this term! For the past 2 years we have, but with the national curriculum we aren't learning about these fascinating creatures until (maybe) Term 3 (at least I'll be ahead for then....)

In the past, we have focused on insects in Term 2 because we read the text Ants for the Year 2 Net reading and writing validation tasks. So, I've been slowly slogging away at this pack during Term 1 only to find that we aren't doing it now :( Needless to say, I haven't been that motivated to finish it, but it's finally done and I can't even list it on TpT because they're having technical problems! HA! Always the way.

So what' a girl to do? How about you just leave a comment saying that you follow my blog and I'll give away a copy to a random follower tomorrow? Here's what you could get:

EDIT: It's now listed on TpT and Teachers Notebook. Click on the pictures to check out the 24 Reading and Writing Tasks that are included! It's 20% off at the moment.
 
 
This pack is filled with about 80 pages of before, during and after reading activities, writing scaffolds and graphic organisers/organizers. Just leave a comment and when I get home from seeing The Hunger Games tomorrow morning I'll draw a winner. Time for bed I think, it's almost midnight here...

18 comments:

  1. This looks great! I follow you!

    Ali
    alischepis(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog.

    Wow, I'm loving the look of the pack. Is this for Mini Beasts? (I haven't been in a Year 2 class yet)
    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a follower!

    rmariemuniz(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I follow your blog!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
    Mrs. I's Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat! I follow your blog!

    eah719@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing - and I definately follow your blog.

    zputty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your newest follower and LOVE this! My kids are bug crazy. Oh I am so excited!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach
    3-6 Free Resources

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a follower!! Awesome stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, as is everything you share. :) Love it!!
    ~Jen
    hellomrssykes(at)gmail(dot)com
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  10. What??? No Year 2 Net??? After all these years of validation, moderation and paperwork they have finally pulled the pin. Is there any form of replacement in the Australian Curriculum??? If not, there will be a generation of little kiddies go through the system who won't be identified for intervention in literacy and numeracy. Hang onto all of your fantastic resources - I am sure the Net will return....and yes, I am a follower of your blog and would love a copy of your kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doobee - we are still doing the year 2 net but we've decided to use a different text to fit in better with what the national curriculum is focusing on - I just don't know what that is yet.... will find out in week 1 or 2 (hopefully)....

      Delete
  11. Super Cute

    I would love to win

    pocketofkinders@gmail.com




    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's some pack! I follow your blog and would love to win this!

    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We also have a story entitled Ants, so this would be perfect for us. Follow your blog and am amazed with your clever ideas!

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these packets look amazing! Love them! :o) I definitely follow your blog!

    Jennifer
    jennkeys @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these packets! I follow your blog!

    Mindy
    mwells@ourwayschool.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am I too late? I'm a follower! I love seeing what other Australian teachers are doing. I just finished teaching a science unit on Ants, we use the Primary Connections modules, are you familiar with them?
    Libby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...