Tuesday, August 07, 2012

VistaPrint Docs

Christina over at Bunting, Books and Bainbridge is having a  VistaPrint linky. I've already posted the following pictures in February, not long after we started our new school year. This time, I've included links to GoogleDocs so you can download the files I used in case you want them. 

This is a banner. When it arrived, I cut it in thirds. The first one I've placed with my classroom library, the second one with my writing materials and the last one near the group meeting table.

Click on the pic to get it in GoogleDocs. It is a very loooong document in order to fit the dimensions of the Banner at VistaPrint (well it did here in Australia, but I'm sure they'd be the same everywhere else too). 
This is my mock up of the ever popular bulletin board that was everywhere a year or two ago. I don't have a big bulletin board outside my room, so I just got it made as a sign and have it sticking out my window so everyone who walks by can read it.
 This is an image I found online so I haven't included it in GoogleDocs - just search on Pinterest/Google for the image. I got it made as a car door magnet and have it sticking on the whiteboard.

I also got these magnets made up for our Student of the Week....
 
 and these postcards to thank my parent helpers and volunteers. I used standard pictures available on VistaPrint to make these last two.

Head on over to Christina's blog to check out other VistaPrint ideas!

Also, I'm moving towards rotations for my reading groups rather than having students choose what they'll do for our Daily 5 activities. I was finding that students would miss out on Write About Reading and Word Work because they were being pulled out to read with the Teacher Aide, Support a Reader, parent volunteers who've been trained to read with the kids and literacy support. I'm thinking a schedule will help resolve this. This is what I've made up so far:
Aren't my group names creative? They match the boxes I keep the guided reading books in so they'll do! I added my literacy rotation cards to a sheet that had boxes for each place. I used sticky dots to add the cards so I can easily change them around if needed. I'll put them up tomorrow and see how it goes.