Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grid Freebie

Here is a little freebie poster that I've just done up to show the little saying that was taught to me by one of the kids in my class when I taught Grade 6 to remember to read the x-axis before the y-axis (wow, that was a long sentence!). 

It is simple: You crawl before you walk! When you crawl you are horizontal so you read the horizontal axis first, you are vertical when you walk so you read that second. I thought it was pretty genius and I've been using it ever since! I'm pretty sure he learned it from a previous teacher, so thank you if it was you!
Click on the pic to download. I've done two up: one with letters and one with numbers along the x-axis. 

Edit: I often receive emails asking if I know of other Aussie blogs. Well, if you are an Aussie, or even if you're not, I've created a page that has links to other Aussie blogs. Click on the link under the blog header if you want to check out some Aussie talent!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute, I would have never thought of that saying!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either would I! I'm glad someone did because the kids sure do remember it!

      Delete
  2. I'm a fellow Aussie teacher always on the lookout for great Australian teaching blogs so thank you for the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Libby, I'm glad I could help you find some other Aussies!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...