Saturday, January 02, 2016

Welcoming in the New Year

What a year it has been! It's been almost a whole year since my last post - it's amazing how time flies.

I'm not big on the whole 'resolution' thing - if you really want to make a change to your life, I believe the key is doing it right then, not tomorrow, next week, on Monday or at the New Year. Saying that, I saw this which I found very fitting.
My goal is to create a life I don't need a vacation from:

So what does that mean for me? More hiking, reading, laughing, massages, swimming, OCR events, good food with good people, seeing new sights and trying new things :)  

And maybe more regular posting :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    I love this goal. I'm new to the blog world and I'm also an Aussie. Trying to find a balance when working full time and having a family is so difficult. Having time to do something for yourself gets lost sometimes. Happy New Year.
    Margaret
    reflectionsofateacherau.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to check out your blog. Balance is definitely something we should all strive for. Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kylie,
    I can understand where you're coming from. I have spent the past year trying to look after myself first and have taken a lot of time off social media & blogging. Finding balance is hard but I think I've got it now. Your list of things to do sounds perfect - I love hiking, swimming, reading, massages and always good food (regardless of the company!)
    Looking forward to reading more posts. Enjoy your holiday break though :)
    Katelyn
    http://hellokaddy.global2.vic.edu.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katelyn, I sure am enjoying the holidays! I've struggled with balance for the last couple of years (hence the decrease in blogging) but hopefully, like you, I've got it under control now. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kylie.
    Sorry, but what is OCR? I've been a supply teacher since I graduated, this will be my third year. Thanks. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...